Cabernet Sauvignon 2014 Artist Series Yountville

Cabernet Sauvignon 2014 Artist Series Yountville

Made from Cabernet Sauvignon grapes grown in the volcanic soil at the northeast edge of the Yountville
appellation, this wine has deep, well-structured layers of dark berry, plum and cassis. The painting is “Hummingbird” by American artist Libby Feldman.

Limited Quantities

$75.00
Quantity:
CSAY142

Wine profile

Vintage
2014
Wine Type
Artist Series Signature Reserve
Varietal
Cabernet Sauvignon
Appellation
Yountville - Napa
Acid
0.63 g/100ml
pH
3.91
Alcohol
14.8%

Vineyard Notes

A blend of two vineyards.  One (90%) is a small organically farmed vineyard located on a knoll at the northeast corner of the Yountville appellation.  This vineyard’s light volcanic soil and long growing season in the temperate Yountville climate brings rich flavor to the fruit.  The other (10%) is located at 1,200 foot elevation on Pritchard Hill three miles to the north.  This wonderful depth and structure of this fruit complements and elevates the classic Yountville flavor of this wine.

Production Notes

Fermentation:  The grapes were crushed into small fermenters.  After “cold-soaking” to extract rich color, the crushed grapes fermented for two weeks to fully develop a rich mouthfeel and palate.

Cooperage / Aging:  The wine was aged for 30 months in French oak barrels (40% new).

Bottling Date:  July 25, 2017

Winemaker Notes

Color:  deep ruby

Aromas:  blackberry and dark plum

Palate:  well-structured, rich layers of dark berry, plum and cassis, long fruit finish